Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions and troubleshooting tips for Beholder DS1, Beholder MS1, and Beholder products.
Note: OwlDolly can only provide tech support to our customers, if you have purchased from another seller we will not be able to provide tech support.
- Is there a difference between the Beholder DS1 sold by Ikan and the Beholder DS1 sold by OwlDolly? None, other than the name branding and color of the knobs.
- Does OwlDolly sell the newest version of the Beholder DS1/MS1? Yes, our stock comes directly from the factory with the latest updates in firmware, hardware, and, accessories.
- Just got my DS1/MS1 where is the second set of batteries? Check the handle of the DS1/MS1.
- How to connect the Beholder Remote? Before connecting or removing the Beholder Remote turn off the Beholder DS1/MS1. Once remote is connected or removed, the stabilizer can be turned back on. Beholder Remote setup video.
- Where is the center of gravity? Finding the center of gravity can be difficult at first, just relax because finding the center of gravity will take some practice.
- Can the MS1 only be balance on the tilt axis? The MS1 lacks an adjustable gimbal limiting its ability to balance certain camera setups on the Roll and Yaw axes.
- Counterweights? Counterweights can be added to help balance out a long lens or a light camera setup.
- Balancing videos for MS1 and DS1.
- What is fastest method to charge the 18650 batteries? A dedicated battery charger like the MC-1 can reduce charge times to under 3 hours at 1000mah. MC-1 video.
- Do not use a computer's usb port for charging the batteries, there is not enough power output, and the computer's usb port could become possibly damaged.
- Battery life? A dedicated battery charger will ensure a full charge for each battery cell. When using the battery holder as a charger there will be voltage drop across the circuit as the current passes from the 1st, 2nd, 3rd battery cell. We recommend alternating the batteries position in the battery holder.
- The DS1/MS1 wont power on? Check the batteries for a dead cell, anything below 1 volt is a dead cell. Properly dispose of the dead cell. Check the batteries in the battery holder for a cold connection, rotate the batteries. Check to make sure the battery cap is snug on the handle.
- Battery holder no red or green light? Check usb power supply, some usb power supply ratings are not suitable for long term power output. Battery holder's micro usb connection might be damaged or the usb cable is shorting. We do not recommend using a computer's usb.
- The MS1 turns to the left or right without warning? Check to make sure your MS1 is not in inverted mode.
- The MS1 does not hold the horizon level? Place the MS1 on a level surface that is vibration free. Proceed to calibrate the gyro, wait till the motors engage.
- Vibrations, smaller camera setup? The camera setup's center of gravity could be too far out of balance. The camera setup could be too light for the default startup profile, try profile 3 for follow mode, and profile 4 for lock mode. These profiles are accessed by pressing the board reset button.
- The DS1 does not hold the horizon? Place the DS1 on a level surface that is vibration free. Proceed to calibrate the gyro by pressing the board reset button 2 times, wait till the motors engage before resuming filming.
Differences between the MS1 and the DS1:
Simple BGC, difficulty level expert:
- Where can I learn more about Simple BGC? We highly recommend reading the simple bgc manual, it is very easy to brick the DS1/MS1 with incorrect settings. Manuals and software DS1/MS1.
- Are there any helpful guides or videos on Simply BGC? By email request, we offer a guide to PID tuning.
- What screw size is holding the dust cover over the control board's micro usb port? 1.5mm allen key.
- No connection can be found by Simple BGC? The included usb cable is just for charging. We recommend cables from belkin for the best results. Check your computer's drivers or port connections.
- How to upgrade the firmware on the DS1? Watch this easy to follow video on updating the firmware.
If you need further assistance please contact us with your order number at Sales@OwlDolly.com. Tech support is available from Monday to Friday.